President Trump calls Madonna disgusting

President Donald Trump called pop star Madonna "disgusting" following the controversial speech she made at the Women's March in Washington last Saturday.
                   
"Honestly, she’s disgusting. I think she hurt herself very badly. I think she hurt that whole... cause," he told Fox News' Sean Hannity in an interview Thursday evening.
"I thought her, and a couple of others. But I thought she was in particular... I thought what she said was disgraceful to our country."

Madonna's Controversial Anti–Donald Trump Speech at Women’s March
Madonna took to Instagram on Sunday to clarify a controversial speech she delivered during the Women’s March in Washington, D.C., on Saturday.

During the Saturday march, the Vogue singer spoke openly about how the election results had affected her. “Yes, I’m angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House,” she told a crowd of roughly 500,000 people.

After her speech drew widespread criticism, Madonna addressed the issue, writing on Instagram: “I am not a violent person, I do not promote violence and it’s important people hear and understand my speech in its entirety rather than one phrase taken wildly out of context.”

In an interview with Fox & Friends following the singer's speech, Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Madonna "ought to be arrested" for her remarks. A Texas radio station also banned the star's music from its airwaves because of Madonna's "un-American sentiments." -Time

Comments